School Funding & Scholarships
The workplace of Financial help and Scholarships reports into the Vice Provost for Enrollment Management including the next functional devices: workplace of Undergraduate Admissions, educational funding and Scholarships, Student Suggestions Systems plus the workplace of this University Registrar.
The University of Kansas workplace of Financial help and Scholarships (FAS) serves pupils, families, and also the community by giving federal, state, and institutional school funding information and resources to help pupils in attaining their academic objectives. FAS is focused on quality that is providing help solutions to its constituents while keeping accountability within the administration of public, institutional, and private school funding funds. Services are made to offer the academic objectives of this specific pupil and the objectives associated with the college because they relate with retention and graduation.
This place is important in administering education loan, work-study, and programs that are grant. These obligations need strong social skills, focus on information and also the capacity to make use of a student that is diverse, along with an aptitude for administering educational funding programs to make certain conformity along with Federal Title IV laws. The employees user in this place must effortlessly administer school funding programs in help of y our objective to make sure access and help development and gratification of y our pupils.
Job definition 40% Coordination of most Loan Programs
- Must keep strong understanding of federal loan laws to make certain conformity and defenses for the University’s fiduciary obligations to both pupils and our campus lovers.
- Oversees the processing that is daily of Loans and personal loans.
- Makes sure conformity by reviewing loan that is daily/weekly to review and resolve student level dilemmas surrounding yearly and aggregate loan limitations, NSLDS checklists, as well as other eligibility dilemmas.
- Executes reconciliation that is monthly of Loan programs along with Student Suggestions Systems and Financial solutions.
- Supervises the mortgage Coordinator whom manages the processing for personal and federal loans, including PLUS and Grad PLUS loans.
- Determines eligibility for loans, processes loans, monitors alterations in eligibility, and adjusts help properly.
- Develops and keeps procedure and policy papers linked to all loan programs.
- Assesses loan processing tasks and makes strategies for increased efficiency.
40% Work Research and Give Management:
- Administers the Federal Work-Study (FWS) system and Kansas job Work-Study (KSCWS) programs; determines eligibility and prizes appropriately.
- Monitors the FWS investment student and balance profits, including utilising the DEMIS portal in addition to Oracle Analytics Cloud (OAC) to trace expenses.
- Corresponds because of the Shared provider Center regarding FWS earnings limitations, possible increases in awards, and fund that is retroactive.
- Functions as the FWS liaison and provides training to campus lovers.
- In charge of keeping abreast of federal laws associated with FWS and developing/updating policies that are annual procedures.
- Functions as the liaison towards the University profession Center within the management regarding the Kansas profession Work-Study Program.
- Determines eligibility and honors the KU Global Student Tuition Grant (KUISTG). Communicates with Student Account & Receivables regarding Glacier documents completion and places/releases holds on reports.
- Determines eligibility and administers the Federal SHOW grant, including reporting and maintenance of student documents within the Origination that is common and system.
20% Financial Education and Provider Delivery
- Counsels potential and current pupils and families regarding school-related aid that is financial, and reacts completely to escalated inquiries, like the application and awarding process, cost management and also the securing of resources to generally meet costs.
- Reacts to complex concerns (including escalated phone calls and visits) from potential pupils, current pupils, moms and dads, campus colleagues among others regarding educational funding programs and extra money has to attend, progress and graduate.
- Assists with internet loan nows outreach tasks ( ag e.g. FAFSA conclusion, senior high school activities) to aid recruitment tasks along with KU Admissions office, along with other school funding occasions on campus for current pupils.
- Bachelor’s degree with couple of years appropriate experience OR Master’s degree at time of visit.
- Experience doing work in school funding, scholarships, admissions, related or advising part of degree.
- Experience producing efficiencies through technology, including experience with information question and analytics.
- Exceptional interaction abilities as evidenced by the applying materials and meeting procedure.
- Experience with interpreting federal regulations and developing/implementing programs to comply with those laws.
- Demonstrated strong solution distribution abilities, including dealing with a diverse populace.
- Demonstrated experience and ability in problem-solving for many different situations.