Bubble Tea, more commonly known as Boba is a Taiwanese drink that gets it’s name from the tapioca pearls it contains. Tea of some kind and toppings,like chewy tapioca pearls or boba are usually key components of this drink. and can be found almost anywhere online. Recently, we have begun to see this sweet chilled bubble tea becoming increasingly popular and common all over Pakistan especially at food festivals. In fact it is seriously simple to make at home and to make it at home.
Here is what you will need;
- half a cup dried tapioca pearls
- 1 to 2 tea bags of either green or regular tea
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup of milk
- 1/2 cup sugar
- Fruit juice (optional)
Next, follow these simple steps;
1. Boil 2 cups of water in a saucepan over high heat and add in the boba til they start floating to the top.
2. Lower down the heat and cook for 10-15 minutes, then take the pan off the heat and let the pearls cool down for another 10 minutes.
3. Boil a 1/2 cup of water and add 1/2 cup of sugar to make a simple sugar syrup to sweeten the boba pearls.
4. Next, boil your water and add in your tea bags for at least 15 minutes then leave to cool.
5. Drain the pearls and place them in a small bowl with the sugar syrup until they become submerged and soften up.
6. Pour your tea into a glass, add your boba. Then add in some milk to make the tea more creamy.
You can even sweeten your bubble tea with the simple syrup and you are done!